41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
My maternal grandmother for sure. We have always been very close.
42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
Fame and being attractive are not worth it so no.
43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
Anyone can be alive, but to live is another story. Truly living is what you do when you fill emotionally fulfilled by what you did that day. For some, it might be focused on family and for others, taking great adventures.
44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?
It depends on what is going on. Generally, you should always try to do the right thing within reason as fast as possible, at least that is what I would do, but then I no longer have any fear of anyone or anything.
45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
We are afraid of the embarrassment that could occur. Or losing the time and energy that we spent in having to redo something. We are also scared that other people will think we are a failure.
46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
Be an even more observant Jew. It is very difficult to be like that here.
47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?
A few minutes ago I think.
48. What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?
I love my grandmother and I probably don’t show that enough. I love Judaism and that does get shown. I love helping people and I like to think that is shown.
49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that?
50. Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?
Probably a mixture of both. I do have superiors which I simply cannot control what they do with me. I do try to take as much control as humanly possible even when I don’t feel capable of making such a decision.