Ok I am now a certified hypnotherapist who is almost done with setting up his business so that is what took up so much of the time this quarter. I was not expecting to actually GET DONE! I also bought a flute!
1) I am still keeping an eye on zip-lining, I found several but I didn’t have the money to pay for them
2) I’m aiming to get certified as a bartender, which will hopefully let me learn how to make drinks.
3) Learning how to play the native flute, which I already have someone trying to teach me.
4) Get through reiki 1 as a friend of mine wants to experiment.
I think everyone is aware that 2016 pretty much was horrible with so many people dying. Luckily no one in my family, except for a great aunt. With me being out of medical school again and becoming something that has more time, I will get to spend more time on adventure!
So of course I have goals.
1) I am hoping to get the rest of my clinical hours to become a certified hypnotherapist. We already know the practice is starting to launch. Surely I can get that in 3 months right?
2) I’m aiming to get certified as a bartender, which will hopefully let me learn how to make drinks.
3) Keeping an eye on groupon to look for decent zipline prices in an area when and where I know I will be able to use them.
By the way, happy hypnotists day!
Let’s be real, 2016 is probably going to be considered the worst year on record and for me that was no doubt as a matter of fact I was so worked up that I forgot to even post to my blog. Also that visitor I had is over here like 4-5 days a week. I’m sorry so I am writing now and post dating it to the appropriate dates.
I left medical school and that was heartbreaking. Was an EMT for a bit, but I am now becoming a hypnotherapist while I attempt to possibly consider a degree in psychology
1) Biblical Hebrew has ended (thank heavens) and Ulpan too. Yea, still not fluent in any of the language.
2) I am starting and continuing with the advanced training course from the Hypnosis Motivation Institute. Hey could be fun. I will learn a skill!
3) I still miss my guitar.
Oh well I will get to them.
1) Biblical B and Ulpan 2 through eteacher has started as I already mentioned. I am probably going to simply but a halt on it for a few more years. The skill is for me and not for others, but medical school tends to be stressing and I tend have to give a lot study towards it. I have other things I can do instead that gives me a medical break, like hypnotherapy which can be done in school and has no homework and is even self benefit.
2) I am down to only needing a few of the 50 Greatest Jewish movies of all time, not a surprise there, which it looks like I will just have to do something like buy the DVD or VHS but since I moved and I still have to set things up, that is more of a challenge since the fact I am supposed to be on bedrest for a bit due to emergency gall bladder surgery.
3) I have a few things to write up before school starts (was going to be write them early but I am writing this early and my visitor woke up and I can’t easily type and talk at the same time.) I am not sure what my actual plans were for doing anything new this semester as every time I had a set of things scheduled, they needed to be moved due to illness/injury).
1) Photo-a-day DONE! Thank goodness. Unfortunately nothing good enough to really win a proper award (which is another thing to do) but at least it is something, but I am had an acknowledgement! I am going to have a post for this where you will be able to see everything that I’ve taken a photo of.
2) Biblical A and Ulpan 2 through eteacher. I am just going to download the Ulpan 2 and watch at my leisure because even with my leave of absence from medical school, I just don’t have time to keep up. I am already not going to get my certificate for Ulpan 2 because I missed too many classes. Luckily, I am going to be retaking the Ulpan 2 for a reduced price and not with the same teacher. I will be starting Biblical B but not with the same teacher.
3) I really miss playing my guitar. I’ve had to take some major breaks and even with the leave of absence, I still have a very annoying dog who insists that I not play anywhere near him. 😦 And I have burned through most of my groupon and simply was not able to play or practice! Who has had the time?
4) Trying to find the last few of the 50 Greatest Jewish movies of all time, not a surprise there.
5) I am really hoping to make a run to New Orleans for Mardi Gras, but I am not sure I will be able to do that. I was hoping to run and try to go to Times Square for New Years, but I was so sore being present at a baby birth a few days ago that there was just no way I was going to be able to drive.
6) I am however going to learn to fly a helicopter as I have a 60 minute lesson paid for. That counts as learning to fly a plane right? 🙂
Yes I definitely started medical school and I am still working on this. Oy. Medical school is time consuming!
1) I am taking my Hebrew, but I hate Ulpan 2 which is not at all like Ulpan 1 (maybe it’s the teacher?) Biblical Hebrew A is ok just boring. I would really suggest people only do Ulpan 1 through eteacher.
2) Still trying to squeeze in guitar playing with Center Stage Guitar Academy but at least my guitar is repaired now. I sent a video message to my rabbi on his birthday.
3) Photo-a-day, almost done. Thank goodness. I hate doing it. It’s really annoying.
4) I am done with the International cooking challenge I had which means I can do the cooking write up since I basically taught myself how to cook things.
5) I still cannot find “Almonds and Raisins” 1988. That is really annoying!
Yea yea yea, still have one of the Florida trips left to post. I’ve opted to schedule that as a December post as frankly I already had several scheduled already for this quarter.
This is going to be a busy quarter as I was accepted to medical school a few months ago so will hopefully be learning and working and being kept busy. I was even started early by a month. This is one of many reasons that I already have some things prewritten and prescheduled since I have no idea what my schedule is ever going to be like anymore now. But this is what is going to be occurring as a long term.
1) I finally was placed in not only Ulpan 2 but also Biblical Hebrew A through eteacher. We shall see how this goes.
2) Still trying to squeeze in guitar playing with Center Stage Guitar Academy which is getting harder to squeeze in especially since I not only started medical school early but my guitar did not survive the move so needed to be repaired.
3) Photo-a-day, I am just running out of things to take photos of even with the prompts that are put forward.
4) I am almost done with the crazy cooking with a different one per country. I am so happy about that as I am running out of things I want to try.
5) For whatever reason I opted to do the Selection Committee again. At least we beat San Francisco all without violating Shabbat!
6) Speaking of movies, if anyone knows where to find some of the Greatest Jewish Films on the one page I have, I would be very pleased. “Almonds and Raisins” 1988 is particularly hard to find. No one has it!
Well we are finally getting closer to summer thank goodness.
Of the things you will be seeing soon, can you believe I am still not finished with bucket list items that I did when I was down in Florida? Actually we have a few more to go. As winter is starting to end, FINALLY, I might have to save anything new for next winter or the next time I am down for the count.
I’ve been dealing with long term goals lately in the never ending cold.
1) I am still attempting Hebrew although I have finished Ulpan 1, still waiting to try to get into Ulpan 2, but until then I am taking classes on Memrise. For whatever reason eteacher won’t call me back to schedule me into the next level of courses. Do you hate me eteacher?
2) I am taking some online guitar lessons through Center Stage Guitar Academy just to try to do something with how to learn music. So far it’s pretty good. I got it through a groupon, $20 for a year. Once my year is expired, I am considering staying with them for a while longer. I really like them.
3) I am doing a year long photo-a-day journal project at http://365project.org/ It is hard to continue doing the challenge because there is only so much I have access to take photos with.
4) I am working on learning how to cook and bake I’ve been trying to hit a different country’s recipe every month and try to bake something regardless of whether or not it was a new country. Really though I should take a cooking class but with keeping kosher it would be a challenge finding a place where I would be able to learn how to cook things that I actually could eat.
In another note, I think I am probably going to go skydiving again eventually. Really that was not so bad.
Ok so Happy New Year!
So what are everyone’s new years goals?
Outside of the obvious “Lose weight” and “Learn Hebrew” new years resolutions which should be year round. I, of course, have a tradition of putting up bucket list things. So I have this quarter coming up with things I need to do.
However it is cold in Georgia and I can safely say that I do not want to do almost any of the bucket list because quite frankly it is cold and several of my things require me to run outside so I am going to do several ones from my past and hopefully get a few more movies watched etc. That is my main goal. Post things from my past and build up some of the movies so they are ready to go when I need them to go. 🙂
Basically I am staying mostly indoors through winter which is exactly what I’ve been doing
Some things that are going to be written up.
1) I did do the skydive literally just a few days ago so that is going to be posted soon for sure along with all the other bucket list items I could do when I was down in Florida of which there were a few.
2) I am of course doing Ulpan 1 Modern Hebrew through eteacher and hopefully I will be almost finished soon. I am about 2/3 of the way finished with it.
3) I am finished with the selection committee finally!
For the most part though, call me when it is summer!
My goals for this quarter are
1) I need to finish at least one more of the greatest Jewish movies so I can finish writing up a new set of 10. I thought I had enough but it turns out I was short by just one. Due to some unexpected bucket list items getting completed, I am moving my part 1 to publish sometime this quarter.
2) I am still raising money for the skydive. I already posted a little about it and I have had a very rocky start. So heaven help all of us.
3) In July, I started a Hebrew class, Ulpan 1 Modern Hebrew through eteacher. We’ll see how it goes. So far it isn’t too bad.
4) The film selection committee is almost over. I am going to schedule the post about it to be released right around the time the film festival starts.
5) I am trying to figure out where I should be trying to arrange to go next year in order to collect a new country or a new state. I would love to hear any suggestions anyone might have.